Archive for February, 2010
Hello Friends – I don't have a card for you today, I'm saving it till Monday, but I would like to share my Big Shot Bag with a Ruffle that I finished. The material was cut using the Big Shot (113439) and the Bigz Clear Scallop Square Die Cut (115950). As you can see the Big Shot isn't just for paper any more. It will cut eight (8) layers of fabric at one time like butter and the accuracy can't be beat. I chose to make it a clean, crisp look instead of the rag look. I used four squares across and three squares down. Material is replica's of the 1930 feed sacks. The perfect look for Spring. The ruffle was a bit challenging, but they always are. If your a beginner I would suggest leaving off the ruffle. If sewing is not your cup of tea but you would still like to have one, drop me an email and we can work something out. I going to make several of these and use them for Chrstmas gifts. (Never to early to think ahead). Be on the look out for them in my Etzy shop. I'll let you know when I'm going to put them in the shop. Thanks for dropping by today, have a good Sunday afternoon. See ya back here on Monday for another Spring card. Toodles
And don't forget about the monthly Special. When you place an order your name could be drawn at the end of March for one of these cute cute totes.
Hello Friends – Welcome to Saturady and the start of your week end. Do you have your coffee in hand and ready to go. The sun is shining here and hopefully we will see higher temps this weekend. Oh boy! just can't wait. Today I have a card to share that will put a smilie on your face and think of new beginnings. It's a detailed card but one you can easily accomplish. It has a Very Vanilla Base and the Stamp Set is Season of Friendhsip. Supply List Below.
MANY OF YOUR FAVORTIE ITEMS from the Holiday Mini are still available Below is a list of favorites that have been carried over from the Holiday Mini. These products are availabe on-line or you can place your orders thru me.
|116806||Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint||$5.95|
|116854||Frost White Shimmer Paint||$5.95|
|116807||Platinum Shimmer Paint||$5.95|
|116829||Décor Elements Blocks||$9.95|
|116824||Stampin' Up! Textured Impressions Folder Petals-A-Plenty||$7.95|
|116821||Stampin' Up! Holiday Windows Magnetic Movers & Shapers||$29.95|
|116819||Stampin' Up! Table Setting Bigz XL die||$42.95|
|116820||Stampin' Up! Embosslits Merry die||$11.95|
|116823||Stampin' Up! Sizzlits Merry Details die||$5.50|
|116822||Stampin' Up! O Christmas Tree Pop-Up Bigz XL die||$42.95|
|118140||Stampin' Up! Tree Decorations Sizzlits die||$5.50|
|118108||My Digital Studio||$79.95|
|116519||Charming stamp set||$19.95|
- Card base is a 5 x 5" piece of Very Vanilla (101650) scored at 5" , matted with Close To Cocoa (CTC) (101341) and a piece of DP from Tea Party (113992)
- Next layer is a strip of CTC and Regal Rose (RR). I punched the CTC with the Scallop Trim Border Punch (FREE IN the SAB) (118402). The RR strip was embossed with our Elegant Bouquet embossing folder (115964)
- Next layer is the focal point with CTC, Pretty In Pink (PIP) and Very Vanilla. The vanilla piece is cut at 2 3/4 x 4" (I normally stamp my image and then cut is down to size. It's called fussie cutting!!
- The Stamp Set is Season of Friendship (111776) inked in CTC, PIP. I used Itty Bitty Backgrounds (114996) for my speckles. The sentiment is from Vintage Labels (119122) FREE SAB Set
For future posts I'm not going to list all of the measurements. Just remember when you are working with layers. Determine which layer you are going to start with and increase or decrease in 1/4 or 1/8 inch measurements (example: on this card the base is 5 x 5, so my 1st layer is 4 7/8 x 4 7/8, the DP layer is 4 3/4 x 4 3/4. ) I chose for this card to work with 1/8 but there is nothing wrong with working in 1/4's. TIP: With I use my border punches I determine my length and them punch one side with my border punch, then I decide what width I need and add 1/4" then cut my paper and then finish punching with my border punch. Some of the punches cut off 1/4 to 1/8" from you paper. So the next time you use your punch check to see how much it cuts off.. I hope this helps, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to let me know and we will figure it out.
All Promotion are still current until March 31st
Hello Friends – Welcome to Friday. Today my sketch is this weeks MOJO sketch. Be sure and try this over the weekend. TIP: Try doing these challenges, they really do help you take your stamping to a higher level and half of the work is done for you. Go get em……. My cardbase is Taken With Teal ( 101584) and layered with a piece of DP from the Sweet Pea Pack (117161). The striped piece is from the Designer Pack that is FREE in the Sale a Bration mini. The focal point is clean and crisp. I used a 2 7/8" square and made my scallops. Starting with the Scallop Corner Punch (118870) and punching all four corners, them using the Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402) to punch the middle. Next layer is So Saffron (105118) cut at 2.25" square and Whisper White cut at 2". Sentiment is from Well Scripted (118601). For an added touch I used the new Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (118138) with the Big Shot. This little die adds so much to your cards. It's the little things that count and take your card over the top. Added some So Saffron ribbon for a little pizazzzzzzz!. Also used the Photo Corner Punch (109042) to fill up a little of the space at the right corner. Thanks for stopping by today. I'm having a fellow demo come by today and we are going to do a little stamping. Happy Happy times. I also got some new rubber to play with yesterday. I'm having so much fun and you too can have fun by joining Sandy's Stampers. Fill your wish list and SAVE, SAVE, SAVE $$$. Click here to visit my SU website and click on promotions to learn all about it.
EARN FREE STAMPS – (Including the Scallop Trim Border Punch) With every $50 spent on products you can choose any one product from the Sale a Bration Mini. Click here to Shop Now!!!!! Don't forget about my Monthly Special — for every order you place your name will be put in for the drawing of the Big Shot Tote Bag.
Thanks for sharing part of your day with me, I'll see you back here tomorrow with another great card. Spring is in the air. Toodles
Good Moring Everyone – so glad you had some time to stop in. Today my card is a little out of the box for me. This is a very clean and crisp card and I would call it more on the retro side. My card base is Whisper White (100730) cut at 5.5 x 8.5 scored at 4.25, matted with a peice of Melon Mambo (115320) cut at 5.25 x 4. Stamp set is called Fifth Avenue Floral (113734), I used Whisper White Craft Ink and randomly stamped my image. Let it dry for a bit and work on your strip. Strip is WW cut at 5.25 x 1". Sentiment is from the Level 3 Hostess Set (115324) Kind & Caring Thoughts. This set can be yours for FREE when you Book a $500 workshop. With our Sale A Bration promotion this amount is easier to achieve. Accessories are Melon Mambo Ribbon (115611), the Slot punch (105089) and random pink buttons. Thanks for stopping in today. Have a wonderful day and Happy Stamping. Toodles
HAVE YOU GOT A WISH LIST AND WANT IT ALL. There is no better time to fill your wish list with Stampin' Up products. Join my Team (Sandy's Stampers) and save $$$. You can get your Demonstrator Starter Kit at a 15% discount, choose a free stamp set from the catty valued at ($47.95) and receive another 30% off your very first order with Stampin' Up. For all of the details Click Here. My Digital Studio is included in one of the available kits. Hobby Demos are welcome!!!!!!!! Click Here and begin your Stampin' Up journey. My password is sandymurphy. Welcome to Sandy's Stampers
Happy Wednesday – You are now half way to your week end – I have good news. I have finally got most of my tote together, all I need is a bottom insert and I'll be ready to sew in the lining and Volia' we're finished. It has turned out really cute, The Big Shot Feed Sack Tote, I'm anxious to show you. Today is another Easter Card done in the Pink and Plum colors. I used the beautiful set Vintage Vogue and the matching jumbo roller. I also used a technique called Faux Tearing. It gives you the illusion of a torn edge. Beate at Splitcoast has a video tutorial for you. Supply List Below.
Here's a Little Something To Sweeten Your Day!!!!!!!!
- Earn Stampin' Up Hostess Rewards when you place a qualifying on-line order. Place a $150+ order on-line and all Hostess Benfits will apply. Gather your freinds and make a group order and save. Click here to start your order.
- Sweeten that deal with the current Sale A Bration rewards — When you spend $50 or more you can select any one item from the Sale a Bration Mini for FREE. You have at least 80 products to choose from. Check out my side bar to see the Sale a Bration Mini.
- And the Best Deal of The Day is the I WANT IT ALL. Join Sandy's Stampers and fill your wish list with the Sale a Bration Starter Kit Promotion. A 15% discount right off the top.
- Cardbase is 5.5 x 8.5, scored at 4.25 on Perfect Plum (101889)
- 1st layer Very Vanilla (101650) cut at 5.25 x 4 matted with Pretty In Pink (100459) cut at 5 x 3.75". I used the small corner rounder to clip opposite side (109047)
- Focal Point is Perfect Plum, PIP and Very Vanilla. Stamped with the Very Vintage Roller (117693) in PP Ink, Sponged corners
- Stamp Set – Vintage Vogue (117690), Very Vintage Roller (117639) and Well Scrpited (118601)
- Accessories – Bling and PIP Satin Ribbon 117289). Sponges
- Don't foget to spruce up the inside I cut another Very Vanilla piece and stamped it with the vine and a few of the small flower. Line your envelope to add even more pizzazzzzz!!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by today, See you tomorrow. Have a wonderful day Toodles
Hello Friends – Happy Tuesday. The sun is shining today and I'm so excited. I'm going to the quilt store today and look for some material to finish up my Big Shot tote purse. I'm using some old scraps for this tote and I don't have enough material to finish it. The matieral is a replica of feed sacks that they used back ing the 40's and 50's. I know I won't get the same material, but most likely I will be able to match it up with something. Today I'm sharing another card from the Occastions Mini With All My Heart (118623), Supply List Below.
TIP: Are any of you have trouble getting your stamps to stick to your blocks. I've had a few incidents and here is what you do. Be sure and clean your glass block off every once in a while. They get finger prints and oil on them. Clean them with a cotton ball and a little alcohol. If you still have trouble turn the stamp over rubber side up and press all the air from under the stamp. Air pockets will prevent the stamp from getting a good seal to your glass block.
ATTENTION ALL STAMPERS -Beginners and Advanced – I will have some openings for the next session of our stamp club. If your are interested in having some fun and taking your stamping to the next level please join our Monthly Stamp Club. You will be committed to as many months as we have stampers (8 months/8 stampers) You must spend at least $25 even if you are unable to attend. Your name will be drawn for hostess of the month and you will receive all the benefits for hosting a workshop. If this tickles your fancy and would like to learn more, please don't hesitate and email me for more deets. (Space is limited) We would love to have you and don't worry if you are not close and you want to participate I can send you a monthly kit with all the supplies you need to complete the projects. Please don't feel left out, we can make it work.
Also I am trying to schedule my workshops for the month of March. If you would like to take advanage of Stampin' Ups best sale of the year, please send me an email to schedule you workshop now. During Sale a Bration for every $50 you spend you can select any one item from the SAB mini and if you have a workshop of $300+ you will again be able to select from the SAB mini. Gather up some friends and family, your house or mine. (Don't let distance bother you, we can also do a virtual workshop.) We will do a few fun make and takes and have some fun being creative.
- Card base is 5.5 x 8.5", scored at 4.25 in Soft Suede (115318)
- 1st layer – Sweet Pea DP (117161) cut at 4 x 5.25, next Soft Suede cut at 2.5 x 5.25 and punched with the Scallop Trim Border (FREE SAB) (118402), layered with a peice of Thoroughly Modern DP (115673)
- Stamp Set – With All My Heart (118623) punched with the Exlarge Fancy Flower Punch (118073). The middle flower is punched with the Trio Flower Punch (109183) in So Saffron and an Expoxy Brad (118272)
Thanks for stopping by today, I'll see you back here tomorrow with another spring card. Toodles
Hello Friends – the week end is over and we are off to another great start. Happy Monday to you. Now that Valentine's Day is past us and we are on to the next great card making event, St. Patricks Day and Easter. I loved the St. Patricks Day card, so cute and fun, how about you? I don't normally make St. Patty's Day cards but this card is so cute you just might find one in your mail box. LOL Today I'm sharing a crisp, clean and oh so fun Easter Card. It's not to early to start your thinking process. I used the tulips from Garden Whimsy (113502). This is one of my favs, it just sparkles on your paper. I chose red and yellow colors for my tulips with a mat of real red and apricot appeal DP from the Sweet Pea Designer Pack (117161) in the Occasions Mini trimmed with the Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402) which you can get for FREE with a $50 purchase. Click here for more deets on Sale a Bration. My sentiment is from Well Scripted (118601) matted on WW and RR. For a little pizzazzzzzzz I added RR and Apricot Appeal 1/4" ribbon and I used the Butterfly Wings Embosslits Die (118138) and my Big Shot (113439). I know the Big Shot is an expensive tool, but I guarantee you, you will use it every time you sit down to make cards. It is so versitale and offers so much to enhance your handcrafted cards and scrapbooking pages. Thanks for stopping by today, have a great start to your week, I'll see you here tomorrow with another card to share. Toodles
- Card base is 5.5 x 8.5, scored at 4.25 on Whisper White (100730)
- 1 layer – Real Red (102482), matted with Sweet Pea Designer Paper (117161), RR is punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch from the SAB mini which is FREE with $50 purchase.
- 2nd layer – Real Red and Whisper White stamped in RR with the Easter stamp from Well Scripted (118601). Tulips are from Garden Whimsy (113502). I used RR, AP, and CC markers on the tulip image. Embossed with the butterfly Wings Embosslits Die (118138) for that little touch of pop.
Top of the Morning To Ya – Friends. Oh, I bet I have given myself away, yes today's card is a Happy St. Patrick's Day card. This is a holiday everyone likes to celebrate whether your Irish or not. Well Murphy can't get any more Irish. This card is easy peasy only takes a few minutes. Not much stamping but oh so cute!!!!!!!. I used Kraft Card stock as my base and I used the Heart to Heart punch to make the shamrock.. Using the largest heart and dimensionals I put my shamrock together. The stem is free handed. I added a little touch of pizazzzzzz with the new Scallop Trim Border Punch and the Sweet Pea Designer Paper. A perfect match. I also used a 2" silver rimmed tag and stamped the sentiment in Teeny Timy Wishes, added some bling and ribbon and Voila' you have a cute little St. Patty's Day card to send. Supply List Below.
Can you believe it, February is almost behind us. That just leave us 39 days left for Sale a Bration. Don't delay, pull out that wish list and take advanatage of this wonderful time of the year. No better time than now to recieve FREE Stampin' Up stamps and products. Workshops are a great way to earn FREE stamps and have some fun with family and friends. Or if you are one of the many that WANT IT ALL, Stampin' Up is offering a great Demonstrator Starter Kit with a 15% Discount. Click here for all the details.
Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful week-end. I'll see ya back here tomorrow with another fun card. Ta Ta For Now
- Card base is Kraft (102125) cut at 5.5 x 8.5, scored at 4.25
- 1st Layer = Old Olive (100702) cut at 1.5 and punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402) FREE with SAB
- Shamrock was made with the Heart to Heart Punch (113694) and adhered with dimenstionals. The stem was free handed in Old Olive. I added a clear rhinestone for the center of the shamrock. I stamped the sentiments from Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370) on a 2" silver rimmed tag (103374) and again added some bling and Whisper White Organza Ribber (114319) for pizazzzzzzz!!!!!
That's all there is to it. Easy peasy!!!!!! Happy Stamping
Hello Friends and Good Morning To Ya. Are you expecting more snow at your place this week end. They are telling us to look for more snow on Sunday and Monday. So looking forward to Spring, but it's a little early yet. Today I have my take on this weeks MOJO Monday Sketch. For you newbies this sketch can be found every Monday morning over at Poetic Artistry (Julie Tillman) They always have a great sketch for you to use, just add ink. I'm loving this Sweet Pea Designer Paper pack. The quantity (48 sheets of 12 x 12 double sided paper) and selection is just wonderful. Colorful and whimsy. You can find it in the Occasions Mini on page 33 (#117161) for $24.95 Back to the card now. I followed the sketch to a tea. My cardbase is 4.25 x 8.5. A smaller version than I normally do. My supply list is below. I hope to get some new cards down today, I'm down to none. Thanks for taking time to stop by and thanks for all your support. Couldn't do it without you. Have a wonderful day and I hope to see you back here tomorrow. Toodles
There's still time. If you are considering becomeming a part of the Stampin' Up Family and YOU WANT IT ALL. SU is offering the Demonstrator Starter Kit at a 15% discount right off the top and as an extra bonus you can pick a stamp set from the Idea Book and Catalog for FREE. A ($47.95 value) Customize your kit to the things you need. To get started CLICK HERE and follow the directions on my website. For a more itemized summary Click Here to view all the supplies you will receive with this kit. My password is sandymurphy. We would love to have you as part of Sandy's Stampers.
One more thing, I know there is a lot of information out there on all the specials that are going on right now. If you click here I have a short summary of all the sales in one place so you don't miss out on anything . My special of the Month is also available until Mar 31st.
- Card base is So Saffron (105118) cut at 4.25 x 8.5, scored at 4.25
- 1st Layer – Sweet Pea Designer Paper (117161), punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402) FREE with SAB order.
- Focal Point – So Saffron cut at 1 3/4 x 1 7/8, So Saffron DP (112152) cut at 1.5 x 2.5
- Stamp Set – A Flower For All Seasons (120231 FREE IN SAB MINI) and Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
- Accessories – Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon (115614), Random Buttons. Soft Suede Marker, Crystal Effects, Real Red Marker, Summer Sun Marker, Old Olive Marker, Reinkers and Blender Pen
Don't be confused!!!!!!!! When ording your Free SAB Sets from the last page of the Mini note that the Items # are different than the numbers in the Catalog. Use the numbers from the SAB mini.
Good Morning to Everyone on this sunny Thrusday morning. We had a great night at stamp camp last evening. We got to do a little scrapbooking, we learned how to use our new punches and make some beautiful scallop borders. Looking forward to next month already. Today I'm sharing my last card for the pencil and gamosol class that is coming up on Mar 12th. We welcome new faces if you would like to join us drop me a line here. It is so spring and it can't get here fast enough. The stamp is from the set A Flower for All Seasons (111592). The scallop mat was done with the new Scallop Trim Corner Punch (118870) and I used the Smile image from the Level 2 Hostess Set in the Occasions Mini (118541). See Supply List Below. I've got to get a crackin' and make some new cards to share, I'm down to my last one. Thanks for stopping by today. If your are in our vinicity and would like to join us for the Pencil and Gamosol Class on Friday night March 12 email me an let me know. Class fee is $15 which includes 4 cards and envelopes plus extra images to color. Hope you can join us. If you would like to gather up your own group for a fun evening or afternoon give me a call and we can set something up just for you.
Be sure and place your Sale a Bration orders before to long. Sale a Bration ends this year on March 31st. For every $50 order you will receive FREE stamps or products of your choice from the Sale a Bration mini. Plus I will put your name in for the drawing for the Big Shot Tote pictured above. If you have a workshop and it reaches $300 you will recieve an additional Sale a Bration product from the mini. WooHoo!!!!!!
- Card base is 4.25 x 11 of Soft Suede, scored at 5.5
- 1st layer – Whisper White (100730) cut at 5.25 x 4"
- 2nd layer – Apricot Apeal (105124) cut at 5 x 3 3/4, embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot Folder (117335)
- Focal Point is a 2 3/8 square using the Scollop Trim Corner Punch (118870). The sentiment is from the Level Two Hostess Set Picnic Parade (118541).
- Accessories – Prisma Color Pencils and Gamosol, Soft Suede Ribbon (115612), Large Oval Punch (107305) and the Scallop Oval Punch (114889), White Gel Pen